Saturday, October 10, 2009

Welcome to Hyperlinkville!

     Hyperlinks make me hyper!  We had an amazing network of hyperlinks on our web-quest and just sat in awe of our creation.  Are we supposed to still giggle at our age?  Our web-quest is coming together and believe it or not we even had fun creating the teachers page.  We couldn't help but enjoy everything we learned about the Rainbow Plate on the quest to discover healthier meals.  I can't help but think that this beats that posterboard on Mrs. Dawson's wall in the 2nd grade any day.  Charting fruits and vegetables is fun, but a web-quest linked to a rocket launching off game!  I am so excited to teach!  
     Web-quests are fun to create.  I will use them to instruct children in a way that would make learning fun.  I think if more teachers used web-quests, homework would be getting done without fail.  I was amazed at the selection of videos available on you tube and teacher tube that we can use in our web-quests.  Within minutes I was able to link an excellent educational supplement to a lesson that can make such a difference.  When students are able to work on web-quests for homework, it will provide great opportunities for parents to be able to support children in their schoolwork and it will be fun for the parents as well.  This will be a great way to incorporate the support from home.  It would open up opportunities for parents to discuss internet safety and see their child's computer skills which will be important to their future in education.
     As we wrap up our web-quest I will quickly make another, so that the skills will be refreshed and planted deeper.  I plan to make several before my first year of teaching so that I will have options with quick access.  I'm sure they can be easily adjusted to teach any grade.  We are the recipients of the on going effects of the Industrial Revolution.  It is amazing to think about!

Video:  School House Rock-  A Noun is a Person Place or Thing

     Yes, I know what a drugstore record machine is!  School house rock is loved by all.  We can sing along as if we are still little second graders on a Saturday morning.  I plan on using school house rock videos in my classroom because they have stood the test of time.  I can recite the Preamble of the Constitution to this day because of these fun videos.  It will be fun to see how my students will respond.  I am looking forward to it soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment