Saturday, October 31, 2009

Lessons Learned

     The articles and videos required for this assignment were enlightening.  I was amazed at how far technology has come in the last decade.  I saw parallels in the videos with the advancement of technology and the public response in usage and demand.  This is on the rise exponentially as they said.  I enjoyed the encouragement of using technology in the classroom.  I feel that we are at a crossroads in our nations history for advancement and it all is technology based as they stated.  I appreciated the comparisons of the Shift Happens video.  It is amazing that need for technology education is so evident and we can make such a difference if we encourage it in the classroom.  Two years ago the Shift Happens video was dramatically different although still compelling.  They have updated it and in such a short time I can't believe how much it changed.  I also loved the New York Times article referencing on-line shorthand.  We are going to need the updated version soon and often with how fast things are changing. 
     Learning about the class act portal made me want to use this type of strategy in my classroom.  Students can learn from the research that is being built upon year after year.  I also was learning so much from the high school students who spoke of wireless options for convenience.  This opens my eyes to what the next generation really desires and possibly where we are heading as a nation because they will make it happen when they are in the work force. I think this is what we need to be thinking of as teachers because we need to prepare the students in grade school so they will continue to advance.  The UNI and NETS*T standards and goal can help us continually set appropriate goals and evaluate our teaching on going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment