As we create digital stories for our lessons, it will help us increase our creativity with technology. We will be able to offer a fun addition to lessons creating messages that are narrated and enhanced with music. Digital images set up in this capacity are more compelling. Colorful images and text will teach students in a way that they want to learn.
As I introduce the digital stories that I make for my class, I will incorporate things that are part of the core curriculum in the stories. Educational digital stories will be a great thing to make and share. I would also ask the students to create their own digital story. It would be fun to see how they will be able to use their own imaginations to create something that they will be proud of. We could assign topics from language arts, social studies, or any subject. The children could create a digital story of the events that happened in the school year and have a memorable keepsake of our year together.
Video:
The NASA digital story would not come up so I watched a variety of digital stories about the topic we will be teaching for field. We have been asked to teach about the Navajo Native American Tribe. I looked up digital stories on the Navajo tribe and was amazed at the selection that were narrated in the Navajo language. Knowing the story of how the Japanese were unable to crack the code of the Navajo language and how it played a key role in World War II, intrigued me, and I listen closely to the digital stories spoken in the Navajo language. The images were amazing as well. The beauty of their land and the respect they have for the beauty of the earth in inspiring. I watched the traditional dances and feel that this will be a great tool to share with the students in the classroom.

No comments:
Post a Comment