We can bring the world into the lesson effectively when we take the time to prepare. The types of lessons that the students find interesting are the lessons that show the students that we are invested. We can invest in educating them in a way that makes learning a win-win situation. I plan to bring the core curriculum to life through technology. Teachers cannot teach students who are disengaged and technology will be our key to effectively engage our students.
I plan to make many power-points through the summer months in preparation of the new school year. I will also prepare web-quests and find appropriate youtube and teachertube videos to have for quick access. I would like to have a class in another state to use skype with. I will look for donations to have a smart board and other technological tools for my classroom. We will use Google Earth and the internet to prepare papers and projects and I will use pod-casts and vid-casts in teaching my students. There will be new and exciting developments in the near future and I will continue to educate myself so that I will have the technological skills to utilize technology effectively throughout my career.
VIDEO: Do You Believe In Me?
This is public speaking at its best. I am amazed at the skill of the student and hats off to the teacher who coached him! I am moved by his message and impressed with his confidence. I believe he represents children from all over this nation. We can and should believe in our students. They will rise to the levels we set the standards for. They can accomplish what ever they set out to do. They will believe in themselves if we believe in them... He is right!

No comments:
Post a Comment