Saturday, October 31, 2009

Strengths & Weaknesses

      I learned a lot by taking the UNI survey and studying the NETS*T  standards.  I feel that my areas of strength in technology include my experience utilizing technology for personal use, school work, and research, demonstrating awareness of the uses of computers, and using electronic information and reference resources.  I have had access to computers and have been required to utilize technology in most of the classes that I have taken at UVU.  I also use the computer on my own time in many ways.  I also have a strong desire to continue to learn more in the technological field and hope to take many classes and attend many workshops related to technology so I can learn more ways to integrate it into my classroom.  
     My weaknesses are using terminology related to computers and oral communications, using the more elaborate graphic organizers, and experience using the adaptive assistive devices for students with special needs.  I want to use the proper technical terminology comfortably in my teaching.  I also want to use graphic organizers and learn it well enough to teach it.  I have only had a little bit of experience with adaptive assistive devices.  I would like to learn more about them and be familiar more with the different types that are available now.  With these goals I know I will be better prepared to apply technology to increase productivity in my classroom.
     I would like to attend the workshops offered for teachers in Utah.  I will access on-line tutorials such as w.3schools.com to learn about internet explorer 8 and learn how to incorporate the proper terminology while explaining what I have learned in the classroom.  I would also like to access macinstruct and learn more about podcasts, google video, and their graphic organizers.   I will utilize it in my teaching.  I would like to utilize on-line tutorials onwhatever type of computer the school I work for uses.  I will look for opportunities to learn as much as I can about computers and adapt my lessons to incorporate this often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment