I am also excited to create my 'Get to know you' letter for parents. This is great practice and will be fun to see how it turns out. I always appreciate learning about my children's teachers. I am excited to work with parents and the more contact we have the better. Introductions are important and this will help with first impressions and the beginning of a great year.
I loved the blend of similarities of the Edel classes and a common thread they all have is their promotion of teaching and using technology in the classroom. Our first assignment in Social Studies Methods was exclusively researching on the web, and it is innovative to anticipate how this skill to utilize technology will enhance our future lessons. Children need to feel that they are learning something new. It helps them look forward to progressing and invites their enthusiasm. When this occurs the children will learn what we teach and thrive exponentially.
Video Response:
The video "Pay Attention" was an attention grabber! It is amazing how far our country has come. It is mandatory that we utilize technology in the classroom. It is no longer optional. Students want to learn and they will be enthusiastic about learning if we synergize our efforts and teach what we want , but teach how they want. I will look to see what my students enjoy doing in their free time. I will incorporate what they enjoy playing into their lessons and academics. This is worth the challenge and will invigorate the learning process for us all. It is exciting... I love a challenge!!

No comments:
Post a Comment