Saturday, September 26, 2009

Any Web-Quest-ions???

     Web quests are cool.  That's all there is to it.  As we learned how to create a web-quest in class on Thursday,  I couldn't help but wonder about so many topics we could use to create web-quests.  The possibilities are endless.  We pulled together as a team and decided to create a web-quest on what we would want students to learn about healthy eating.  The resources on the web are amazing.  We chose a website that the government sponsors called mypyramid.gov.  It is a site that will teach students about healthy eating and will be a site that students will want to access and return to in their own spare time.  We are fortunate to have so many options at our fingertips.   This is a tool that I will use in my class for sure.
     I am excited to look at other examples of web-quests.  I'm sure that it will help me gain ideas of many different options.  Students love to use technology and if they are learning at the same time it is a win-win.  I do wonder if this is something that a teacher can require for homework or would it need to be done in class.  I will have to see what the computer accessibility is and what a teacher can expect in this regard.  Times are changing and I hope that we will have students who all have computer access in their home.
     I saw how quickly a team can work together  and create a web-quest.  We are still working on ours, but we've made significant progress in a short time.  I love the creativity of technology and I find it so enjoyable.  My desire is to get very good at creating web-quests, so that when an idea comes, I can create one quickly and efficiently and use it often in my classroom.
       
     

No comments:

Post a Comment