Saturday, September 12, 2009

GOOGLEMANIA!!

     Is it just me or was it a Googlefest this week?  Our team had a blast on Google docs, we even came to school on Friday!  We put together our presentation on Piaget for Ed Psyc. on Google docs and did it in a fraction of the time!  Speaking of fractions...Yo Dewey!  But before we go there again...So, we put together an awesome presentation and still had time to study for the bell quiz!    And speaking of the  google explosion, we now can offer a powerpoint made with synergy!  Our pod put together the first google presentation that I' m sure will be the oldest child of a larggggge family.  It was so easy to create and fun too.  This was a great week for us and google.  
     I have often wondered if I was going to have the time when I was a teacher to pull power points together.  This has solved my problem completely.  When you are able to put teamwork into the equation, it makes hard things easy and fun...as we found out on Friday.  I am excited to see what the possibilties in the classroom with be.  I will absolutely continue to play around and explore the possibilities.  One of my goals while I am still in the program will be to add to my collection of images and clipart so that I will have quick access to an assortment of pictures.  Pictures have a way of communicating what text cannot.  I believe the picture on the homepage on my second grade site  says "we are going to have a good time in this classroom."  I thought about posting a darling picture of colored pencils but decided to save it for a different post.  Although the pencils were colorful and appropriate for a second grade page I think they looked also stiff and sharp!  Not the first impression I want people to get.  Cute cupcakes with sweet school yummies on top says "you won't hunger for knowledge and fun in my class." 
     So how do we make sure that we are collecting the right images for our google presentations?  We can make careful choices and find images that speak to the viewer.  I will never forget when my 6th grade teacher shared the presentation of her travels in Europe.  She showed us all the famous sites with enthusiasm and I've wanted to go there ever since.  Visual Presentations can have a great impact on a child's education.  I will choose images that are moving and send a powerful message. This can be an effective tool in the classroom.  Another great idea...students can create their own presentations on any subject and share what they've learned.  I'm loving google more and more!! Save Now  

No comments:

Post a Comment