Saturday, November 7, 2009

So This Is Field!

     We have long awaited this week.  The anticipation has been intense and exciting.  Field has arrived and it has been amazing!  We met our teacher and asked how we could help her.  She was great at telling us her expectations. I feel that we can learn so much and gain new insights.  I am amazed at how much teacher's get done in one day.  So far we have seen our teacher use the overhead and cd player and her laptop as far as technology techniques. They have a technology expert at the school and the students go to the technology lab so the core teacher does not have to teach the computer skills to the class.  I am looking for other ways she will use technology in her lessons and look forward to learning new ideas.
     We have been preparing our lessons for the fourth graders and we are excited to integrate technology in our lessons about the Navajo.  We are considering many avenues and hope that we can take their rich culture of the Navajo and bring  the lessons to life for our fourth graders.  This can be enriched with technology in the form of dvd's, music, powerpoints, and digital visual aids.  We will explore other options as we put the final touches on our lesson plans.  We have the advantage of knowing the students will like anything that brings technology into play.
     I will watch closely this next week for variations of technology.  This will give me the advantage in the classroom later to have great ideas for my students.  I will keep the essential question for our lessons in mind and I will utilize technology as much as possible.  I hope to use primary sources in technological format so that the students can see an authentic visual image that will far surpass a rough copy of an artifact on a ditto sheet any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment